SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT / KITENGO CHA USALAMA NA MAZINGIRA
This Unit led by Eng. Julius Chambo
Head of Safety and Environment (SEU)
To provide expertise on infrastructure safety and environmental management in a sustainable manner.
The Unit will perform the following activities:-
- Prepare, monitor, evaluate and review the implementation of policies, legislations, regulations guidelines and standards related to mechanical works, roads public buildings, construction and electrical safety;
- Develop and implement roads, mechanical, electrical and construction works awareness programs to the public and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate disaster management/mitigation issue in the sector; and
- Carry out research and studies on areas of new research for the sector e.g. vehicle crafts.
- Advise on and, in collaboration with other bodies, prepare and review the policies of the Government on the protection and management of the environment;
- Monitor and evaluate Ministry’s compliance on Environment Management Act (EMA), 2004 on the sector;
- Prepare specific strategies, guidelines, regulations and systems for environmental management for the sector and monitor their implementation;
- Coordinate management safety and environmental issues in the sector in liaison with NEMC and other relevant stakeholders;
- Develop, monitor and implement environment awareness creation programs to the public and other relevant stakeholders;
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of an Environmental impact Assessment for investments in the roads and public works sectors including development and maintenance projects;
- Prepare and coordinate the implementation of environmental action plans at the national and local levels as required under EMA;
- Undertake analysis of environmental impact of the sector legislations, regulations, policies, plans strategies and programs through strategic environmental assessment;
- Prepare and submit bi-annual report on the state of environment and measures taken by the Ministry;
- Provide environmental advice and technical support to the Local Government Authorities staff working in the sector in conjunction with the Ministry responsible for Local Government;
- Identify and facilitate conduction of studies on Environmental issues in the roads, construction, electrical and mechanical sectors.
INTERNAL AUDIT / KITENGO CHA UKAGUZI WA NDANI
This Unit led by Mr Bruno Melchior Shirima
Chief Internal Auditor (CIA)
Provide advisory services to the Accounting Officer in the proper management of Resources
This Unit will perform the following activities:-
- Reviewing and reporting on proper control over the receipt, custody and utilization of all financial resources of the ministry;
- Reviewing and reporting on conformity with financial and operational procedures laid down in any legislation or any regulation or instruction issued under such legislation and good accounting practice as from time to time defined by the Accountant General in order to avoid incurring obligations and authorizing payments to the extent which would ensure effective control over the expenditure of the Ministry;
- Reviewing and reporting on the correct classification and allocation of revenue and expenditure accounts;
- Reviewing and reporting on the reliability and integrity of financial and operating data so that information provided allows for the preparation of accurate financial statements and other reports for the information of the Ministry and the General Public as required by Legislations;
- Reviewing and reporting on the systems in place used to safeguard assets, and as appropriate, the verification of the existence of such assets;
- Reviewing and reporting on operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals;
- Reviewing and reporting on the adequacy of action by the management in response to internal audit reports, and assisting management in the implementation or recommendations made by those reports and also, where appropriate, recommendations made by the Controller and Auditor General;
- Reviewing and reporting on the adequacy of controls built into computerized systems in place in the Ministry;
- Preparing Strategic Audit Plans;
- Coordinating audit programmes;
- Conducting performance audit on appraisal of development projects; and
- Conducting operational/value for money audits.
GOVERNMENT COMMUNICATION UNIT / KITENGO CHA MAWASILIANO SERIKALINI
This unit led by Segolena Francis
Head of Government Communication Unit (HGCU)
To provide to the Ministry expertise and service in information, communication and dialogue with Public and Media.
This Unit will perform the following activites:-
- Produce and disseminate documents such as brochures, articles, newsletters etc to inform the Public on Policies, Programmes, activities and reforms undertaken by the Ministry;
- Coordinate press briefing for the Ministry;
- Engage in dialogue with the Public as well as media on issues concerning the Ministry;
- Promote ministerial activities programs and policies;
- Coordinate preparation of Sectoral and Ministerial papers for workshops and conferences;
- Coordinate preparation and production of Ministerial articles and newspapers;
- Up-date sectoral and ministerial information in the website; and
- Advice Divisions, Units, extra Ministerial and non commercial Public Institutions on the production of various documents.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY / KITENGO CHA TEHAMA
This unit led by Karume Ahmad
Head of Information and Communication Unit (HICT)
To provide expertise and services on application of ICT to the Ministry.
This Unit will perform the following activities:-
- Implement ICT and e-Government policy;
- Develop and coordinate Integrated Management Information system for the Ministry;
- Ensure that hardware and software are well maintained;
- Coordinate and provide support on procurement of software and hardware in the Ministry;
- Establish and Coordinate use of electronic mail communications on LAN and WAN; and
- Carryout studies and propose areas of using ICT as an instrument to improve service delivery to the whole Ministry.
AIRPORT CONSTRUCTION UNIT/ KITENGO CHA UJENZI WA VIWANJA VYA NDEGE
This Unit led by Eng. Emmanuel Wansibho Raphael
Director of Airport Construction Unit (ACU)
i)Prepare and review policies, legislation, regulations, guidelines, technical standards and specifications for the development and maintenance of airports/aerodromes;
ii)Monitor, analyse and advise on airports/aerodromes development and maintenance;
iii)Prepare proposals for mobilization of financial resources for development of new airports/aerodromes and establishment meteorological centers;
iv)Analyze and advise on annual business plans and budgets for railways development and maintenance;
v)Carry out technical audits on development and maintenance programmes of airports/aerodromes;
vi)Initiate and monitor the implementation of aerodromes master plan;
vii)Monitor and evaluate the airports development /rehabilitation projects; and
viii)Facilitate the creation of employment in the air transport sub sector to eradicate poverty and increase the income of Tanzanians.